Assistant to the City Manager/DDA Executive Director
The Assistant to the City Manager’s primary responsibility is to act as the Farmington Downtown Development Authority Executive Director, who is responsible for developing, executing and/or managing the projects and programs that contribute to or fulfill the goals and objectives of the DDA Board of Directors. Such work may consist of the preparation and implementation of an annual work plan. The Executive Director coordinates activities of the DDA’s Main Street Program.
Develops short- and long-range downtown development plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
Prepares and maintains information on utilities, taxes, zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools, etc.; responds to requests for information for downtown development purposes; prepares data sheets and other information.
Prepares monthly meeting agenda for DDA Board of Directors, including a written report for each agenda item, and takes and prepares meeting minutes.
Coordinates the activities of the Main Street Program, ensuring that communication among its standing committees is well-established, assists in the preparation of the annual work plan.
Coordinates and executes Downtown promotions and events.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from an accredited four‑year college or university with a degree in urban planning, business or public administration, marketing, or a related field, and
- Two (2) years related experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of business, economic and downtown development; working knowledge of municipal zoning and infrastructure; working knowledge of planning programs and processes.
- Skill in the operation of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with industrialists, architects, contractors, developers, owners, businesspersons, supervisors, employees, and the general public; Ability to establish effective working relationships.
Starting salary: $52,000 to $61,000, depending on experience and education.
How To Apply
Please submit completed application (link below) along with cover letter and resume to Mary Mullison, Deputy Clerk/HR Coordinator, Farmington City Hall, 23600 Liberty Street, Farmington, MI 48335 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For printable version of job description, please click on link below. For more detailed version of the job description, please contact Mary Mullison, either via email or at 248.474.5500 ext 2228.
May 8, 2017