NOVEMBER 7, 2017 CITY GENERAL ELECTION
CITY COUNCIL FILING DEADLINES
PETITIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
at the Office of the City Clerk, 23600 Liberty Street, Farmington, for the nomination of candidates for THREE seats on the Farmington City Council.
PETITIONS may be requested from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and must be filed by Tuesday, JULY 25, 2017 by 4:00 P.M.
All candidates who qualify will be placed on the ballot. There is no Primary Election. Voters will elect THREE Councilpersons on a Non-Partisan ballot at a Regular Election on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Candidates for nomination must have the following qualifications:
- Must be a qualified, registered elector of the City of Farmington on July 25, 2017 and throughout tenure of office and have been a resident of the City for one year
- May not be in default to the City or any other governmental unit of the State.
- Must submit petitions signed by at least 50 and not more than 75 qualified registered electors by 4:00 p.m. on July 25, 2017.
- Must submit an affidavit of identity in duplicate by 4:00 p.m. on July 25, 2017.
- Must submit an affidavit as to name change (if applicable).
The terms of Councilmembers Greg Cowley, Bill Galvin and Jeff Scott will expire in 2017.
If you have any questions, please call the Clerk’s office at 248-474-5500.